Link to another page
Have you ever wanted to link a posting to another one of your posts?
I wrote about Emma Wickersham and then did a follow up posting on her.
I made reference to the first post but I wanted to link to it.
I know HTML so I could code the link into my posting but I wanted an easier way.
I found the easier way watching a “How To Word Press” video.
I give you the steps on how to link to another posting, without doing any HTML coding.
1. I wrote about Emma Wickersham
2. I wrote another post about her and wanted to link back to the first post.
3. In order to do that I have to Edit the second post.
4. I am in the dashboard and click on my post to get full list.
5. I now have the list of posting and have several ways of finding a particular posting.
6. I use search for Emma.
7. I get all my post that mention Emma.
8. I select Edit to edit that posting.
9. I make sure I am on Visual.
10. I scroll through my text to find the word or phrase to link. I will be able to preview so I don’t worry.
11. I highlight my text that I want to link.
12. I click on the “LINK” icon.
13. I get this new menu.
14. I can type in the URL or better yet I can select from a scroll menu. I can also have the link open in a new window.
15. I scroll down the menu and find my “first” Emma posting.
16. When I select the post it shoots up to the top along with it’s URL. I also check off Open in new window.
I then click UPDATE.
17. I am now back in my edit page and see that the word has been linked.
18. I now do a Preview and see that it looks good.
19. I leave preview and go back into Edit. I want the word or phrase to stand out as a link.
20. I click on Bold, underline and color text to change the “look” of the word or phrase.
21. Now it looks a little better.
22. I do a Preview to make sure I didn’t mess anything up.
23. When I am in preview I make sure my link opens up on a new page.
24. I go back to edit and click on “Update” to publish this new posting and then I click on “View post“.
25. Here is my finished post with the word or phrase linked.
I hope this has helped you in learning a new skill.
Jose from Clarkston, Michigan